Monday, January 7, 2013

Soccer in December and January


  • Christmas Eve
  • Christmas Day
  • Boxing Day
  • matches
  • disappointment
  • move up the table
  • relegation
  • avoid relegation
  • be unlikely to avoid relegation
  • promotion
  • near the relegation places
  • New Year's Eve
  • New Year's Day
  • The Guardian



In the holiday, I didn't have much chance to see or read about football, because the place where I was staying doesn't have any Internet connection. That was a pity, because the winter holiday is a very important time in the football season. Most teams in the Premier League play a match on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas Day, i.e. December 26th) and another match on New Year's Day. It is often said that, if you at the foot of the table on New Year's Day, you are rather unlikely to avoid relegation. At the top of the table, it is generally thought that, if you are not in the top 3 or 4 spots at this time of year, you are very unlikely to be the champion.

I get most of my football news from the Guardian, my favorite British newspaper. Although I was not able to read it during the holiday, I did see some news about Kagawa, who returned from injury to set up a goal or two for Manchester United.

By the way, what films are you looking forward to in 2013?



No comments:

Post a Comment