Monday, January 6, 2014

Journey to the West, The Monuments Men, and other matters…

Today we watched two trailers at the beginning of class. The first one was Journey to the West, which is Xi You Ji in Chinese and Saiyuuki in Japanese. It looks like a comedy fantasy action movie. It looks a bit crazy but I want to see it! The other one was The Monuments Men. It stars Matt Damon, John Goodman, Bill Murray, George Clooney, and Cate Blanchette. It is based on a true story about a group of soldiers who go to Germany in the Second World War to save paintings that are due to be burned. With John Goodman and Bill Murray it looks almost certain to be funny!

The New Year holiday is now over, and it already seems far away! I didn't do anything special, but I had a good time relaxing. I went to Kengun Shrine on January 2nd and got a big bag of French fries on the way back. During the holiday, I also read a book called The Dying Light, by Henry Porter. But January looks like being a super-busy month, and it's super-cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment