Monday, December 5, 2016

Jackie, and other matters…

Today we saw two trailers for Jackie, a new movie starring Natalie Portman about the wife of President John F Kennedy. It seems to be a very meditative film. I'm looking forward to it but I'm not sure when it will come to Japan.


Natalie Portman has had a mixed career. Everyone remembers her from Leon: The Professional, in which she played a hitman's 12-year-old apprentice. She then starred as Amidala in Star Wars episodes 1, 2, and 3, confirming her as a grown-up star. In between, she also appeared in Beautiful Girls and Everyone Says I Love You. After Star Wars, she appeared in movies such as My Blueberry Nights, V for Vendetta, and The Other Boleyn Girl, then Black Swan in 2010 won her an Oscar. Since then, A Tale of Love and Darkness and Jackie have allowed her to develop as an actor and director.

[147 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment