Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Gold, and other matters…

"We've got a gold mine! We've got a gold mine!"
That is from the movie Gold, starring Academy Award Winner Matthew McConaughey and Edgar Ramírez. It's coming out this week in the US, though probably it won't arrive in Japan until the summer. It's based on a true story about a man who goes to Indonesia to mine for gold. He finds it and makes lots of money, but then there are some problems concerning the ownership of the gold. I had never heard of this story before watching this trailer, so I'm curious to find out what happens at the end.
And the only question I'm left with is: How can 17 billion dollars disappear overnight?
I wonder what happened to the gold?

Moving to movies that are actually playing now, I hope to see Everybody Wants Some, by Richard Linklater, and Girl on a Train. I'm not sure if I'll actually have the time, though, before Everybody Wants Some ends its run this week. I wish movies at Denkikan continued a little longer.

[171 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment