The Cranberries (Ireland) 1990s
Today we watched a video showing Zombie, one of the most famous songs by the Cranberries, a famous Irish group from the 1990s. Actually, we watched two videos. The first was the promotional video, with lyrics (in English and Spanish); the second was a live performance in Paris. I've heard the song so many times now that it doesn't have such an effect on me, but I remember when I first heard it. I had missed most of the 1990s music from the UK, but in about 2010 I heard some nice music playing in Tsutaya in Kengun. I asked the staff what it was, and they showed me the CD. After that I checked out all their CDs. I like their first two albums best, but many of the songs look good in old gigs.
In football, the World Cup qualifying campaigns are coming to an end. England has qualified, and so has Northern Ireland. Scotland has failed. Ireland and Wales will play soon to decide who qualifies from their group. England didn't lose any games in their group, but everyone found their games quite boring and of low quality. (190 words)

No comments:
Post a Comment