Friday, November 29, 2019

At Eternity's Gate, and other matters…

Director: Julian Schabel
Actors
Willem Dafoe: Vincent van Gogh
Paul Gauguin: Oscar Isaac

Today we watched the trailer for At Eternity's Gate, a new movie directed by Julian Schabel about the Dutch painter from the late 19th century, Vincent van Gogh. The trailer is very interesting and shows the painter meeting Paul Gauguin, who admires his work and becomes his friend. It also shows a scene where van Gogh is talking to a priest about why he paints and why he paints like he does. I saw the movie recently, and I can tell you that that scene is from very near the end of the movie. The movie is very interesting but it's also quite long and slow-moving. I recommend you give it a try, but maybe watch it in two settings.

(120 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment