Monday, April 22, 2013

The Place Beyond the Pines, and…

We watched the trailer for the movie The Place Beyond the Pines this morning. The movie stars Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper. Ryan Gosling was in Blue Valentine and The Notebook (which, unfortunately, I didn't see) and was perhaps the biggest star of 2010-11, while Bradley Cooper attracted a lot of attention with his work in 2012.
To tell you the truth, I don't like Bradley Cooper very much, but I haven't yet seen his 2012 hit, Silver Linings Playbook (which I think won a few Oscars), because I don't think it has yet started playing in Japan. I also don't really understand the attraction of Ryan Gosling, but maybe that's because I have only seen him in The Driver. I have heard that he believes he has played in too many movies, so he's going to take a break from acting for a while.
Talking of movies, I'm looking forward to Matt Damon's latest film, Promised Land. Apparently, it's an environmental drama about the people of a small town fighting against an oiling company.
(173 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment