Monday, May 23, 2016

Alice through the looking glass, and other matters…

Today we watched two trailers for Alice Through the Looking Glass, the second Tim Burton movie based in the Alice world. Alice begins the movie in a mental hospital, suffering "a textbook case of female hysteria". She runs away from the hospital, and before long she hears a voice saying, "You've been gone too long, Alice", and she walks through a looking glass into Wonderland. As before, she finds that she sometimes becomes larger and sometimes smaller. She finds that the Hatter is ill, and she  has to try to help him. This movie is coming to Japan in July. I hope the cinemas in Kumamoto open in time to show it.

Over the weekend, the FA Cup final was held in London. Manchester United beat Crystal Palace 2–1. But I hear that the manager, Louis Van Gaal, will be fired and Jose Mourinho will come in in his place. Even though the football was not so exciting, I feel a little sorry for Van Gaal.

[166 words]




No comments:

Post a Comment