Monday, June 27, 2016

The Duel, Brexit, Dreams by the Cranberries, and other matters…

Liam Hemsworth
Woody Harrelson

Today we saw the trailer for The Duel, a western starring Woody Harrelson and Liam Hemsworth. Liam Hemsworth plays a Texas ranger who is sent by the governor to investigate some murders in a small town where a preacher, played by Woody Harrelson, is in charge. From the trailer, it looks like Woody Harrelson is responsible for the murders. The movie looks rather interesting, but I don't know when it will come to Kumamoto, if ever.

A few matches in the round of 16 at the Euro 2016 tournament have already finished. Portugal, France,  Wales, and Germany have made it through to the quarterfinals. England will play tonight against Iceland. I hope they also get through to the quarterfinals.

I think everyone heard about Brexit, the withdrawal of the UK from the European Union. It looks like there will be an election within the Conservative Party for a new leader, and that s/he will become the next Prime Minister. I wonder how that will go.

[164 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment