Monday, September 25, 2017

BR 2-01: Brainstorm

For this operation, you will use your new nanobots, the Mark 5 series. The Mark 5's are the newest and most powerful nanobots in the world.
The Mark 5's can find and fix sick cells by themselves. They can even make more nanobots if some are damaged.
The operation room is locked.…Nanobots are too small to see, so you must be careful. If they got out into the world, it could be a problem.

I am a famous scientist, and I have invented nanobots used in surgery to cure patients. But something strange happens when I perform an operation: the nanobots start multiplying rapidly. I need to decide whether to terminate the operation or try to get control over the multiplying nanobots. Then I find different kinds of nanobots. Where are they from? If the creators find out that I know, will I be safe? As with the other stories in this series, there are many difficult choices to make. Your fate is in your own hands!
(173 words)

Vocabulary

nanobot: a very small robot (nano = 十億分の1)
self-destruct: to destroy oneself
Boon, A. (2015). Brainstorm (Atama-ii Books). Tokyo, Japan: Atama-ii Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment