"One of you must give your life. At night, you will wait for Aku. You will wear this coat of bells.
"When the vampire takes you," you continue, "we will follow the sound of the bells. Then, in the morning, we will kill him. This, I swear!"
You look around. The villagers look scared.
"Who will give their life, so that others may live?" you ask. (p. 6)
Hunter in the Darkness is another book in the Atama-ii Books series of interactive adventure stories. As you can guess from the above, it is a story of a vampire hunter and his/my quest to kill Aku, the strongest of the vampires. The vampire will not be killed easily, and sacrifices will be called for. I have read the story before, but each time I read only one or two story paths. Today, the story path I took led me to a kind of ambiguous success.Habeeb, Ramy. (2014). Hunter in the darkness. Tokyo: Atama-ii Books.
No comments:
Post a Comment