Everyone gets ready quickly.
"How long before we hit?" Buck asks.
"A few minutes," you say.
"Can we go around?" asks Maki.
"No, we can't turn in time," you say.
"I was the best pilot in my class," Buck says. "I can get us through."
"Or maybe we can blast the rocks," Maki says.
"How?" you ask. "This space ship has no weapons!"
"Easy. We blast them with our extra fuel tanks."
"But then we won't have enough fuel to get home!" Buck says.
Buck is the pilot, and Maki is the science officer. I am the navigator on a spaceship heading to Mars. An asteroid storm is upon us, and everyone wants me to decide what to do. If I trust in Buck's skills, we may get hit and all die. If I accept Maki's suggestion, then we may survive the asteroid storm but not be able to get back to Earth.
I have read Journey to Mars a few times now. I think I've probably followed each story path once, but I often forget what I did before. Today, I died rather quickly! This story has a wide variety of endings. But a Wispa doesn't appear in any of them.
Raine, Paul. (2014). Journey to Mars. Tokyo: Atama-ii Books.


No comments:
Post a Comment